Want to know why Wood flooring & Marble flooring, are upcoming trends for home interior.
October 22, 2021
Wood flooring & Marble flooring are the most upcoming choices in any Indian home. The floor plays an integral part in any house interior, and choosing the right type of material will help you achieve the overall house aesthetics you desire.
Therefore, here we have broken down the comparison between wood flooring & marble flooring in certain categories, making it an easier and efficient decision for you.
DESIGNS of Wood flooring & Marble flooring
Marble floors radiate luxury and refinement. They’re very adaptable and easy to match with any theme you choose for your home interior because of the soft white to grey colours. Marble patterns and lines are very distinct and non-repetitive. Floor Marbles are only available in a few colours, such as grey, reddish-brown, and white, but when polished to perfection, they shine like no other giving a perfect finish to your home interior.
If you want to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere, wood flooring is the way to go. Long, vertical lines make rooms appear larger, especially when they’re lighter in colour. Wooden flooring shades & styles, unlike marble, come in a wider range of shades and colours, and you can always choose a darker shade of wood to make your room feel smaller and cosier. For eg: Walnut Wood Floor
COST & MAINTAINANCE
Marble flooring is more labor
intensive to produce than wood, so it’s not surprising that it costs more than wood. On the other hand, is incredibly simple to keep clean. Flooring Marble is bacteria and fungal resistant and requires little maintenance. Hence, scratches on the surface will fade away with time, and it is very easy to clean.
Note: Needs to be re-polished and cleaned every 5 to 6 years
Wood flooring is significantly less expensive than marble. However, because it is softer, it will show more wear and tear over time, especially after several decades. Some people don’t mind scratches because they believe it adds character to the floor.
Note: Needs special treatment; keep it away from the water must be cleaned from stains regularly needs to re-polish every 4 to 5 years
Cut to pieces proportional in size with the room space level the ground before adding marble tiles using sand
Wood is installed over tiled surface insulating surface mostly of foam is added before wood to protect it and muffle its sound
PROS & CONS
- Marble flooring is well-known for its superior, long-lasting, and ornamental occurrence, and it is frequently regarded as a signature style by many.
- Marble flooring has a longer lifespan than you might expect.
- It is really easy to maintain, and it only requires minimum care.
- Marbles are more prone to damage from inappropriate cleaning methods, so marble flooring must be cleaned carefully.
- Marble is quite expensive, and getting the desired ones can be costly.
- It is really heavy.
- It is very stylish and can add to your home interior a royal feel.
- It is extremely comfortable underfoot, especially in colder weather because wood floors are warmer than other types of floors.
- You can re-polish the floor as needed to keep the polish.
- If not cleaned properly, it can accumulate dust over time.
- It may absorb water and promote microbial growth if not properly maintained.
- Wooden flooring is prohibitively expensive.
PAINTING DRIVE SUGGESTION
The expert team of PaintingDrive suggests that Wooden Flooring has a unique charm that no other material has in flooring.
Still, confused about which flooring best suits your home interior? Call us to get a free consultation on Polishing and Book Expert Wood polish service and we ensure to satisfy all your needs and wants.
We hope you found this knowledge useful and that you enjoyed reading it. Keep an eye on the new and exciting stuff! I wish you and your families a wonderful day & Healthy life.
Read More for Painting & Polishing Ideas.
Visit us on Social Media for Polishing ideas.