Find The Best Material For Your Kitchen Cabinets!! Lamination or Lacquered Finish
October 26, 2021
Wooden furniture provides limitless opportunities for customization; as a result, it is critical to understand the materials that will be used to design them and select the best ones; one aspect to carefully consider is the wood polish method used for all components. Lamination or Lacquered Finish is the two parts in wooden furniture design
Lacquer is a vibrant material that comes in a variety of colours. It is made of a fiberboard panel that has been painted with polyester and polyurethane paints. Lamination or Lacquered Finish both have a gloss finish.
The lacquer finish, which can be matte, glossy, or metallic, is applied to the entire surface. In addition, you can choose from glossy or matte lacquer, two sides of the same coin that can confer very different sensations for equal colours.
- Lacquer cleaned with a soft cloth and mild detergent, or with a microfiber cloth alone
- Use highly diluted ethyl alcohol to remove stubborn stains from glossy lacquered surfaces.
MUST AVOID: acetone, thinner, trichloroethylene, ammonia, ethyl alcohol abrasive creams,
- Cures a hard and very long-lasting finish
- Impermeable to water or other substances
- So, Very low maintenance requires no extra care
- Difficult to apply
- Difficult to remove when scratches or dents
- Toxic off-gassing when first applied
Laminate is a type of coating that is typically applied on wooden panels and made from sheets impregnated with phenolic resins.
So, HPL (high-pressure laminate) is the most common type, Its thickness could range between 0.6 and 1.2 mm.
Laminate is a strong, hygienic, and waterproof material with numerous finish and colour options. You can select between matt and gloss finishes, as well as other options. Lamination or Lacquered Finish is the choice for you but you have a choice to make your dream home real by Painting Drive.
- For routine laminate maintenance, use a soft cloth and a specific detergent, or simply a microfiber cloth
- For tougher dirt, use soft brushes and/or sponges, as well as cleaning fluids or mild detergents.
- Light limescale stains, a sponge soaked in tepid water and vinegar may suffice.
MUST AVOID: Steel wool pads, abrasive creams, powdered detergents, and acetone should be avoided.
- It is very durable, hygienic and relatively easy to maintain.
- It is highly resistant to scratch and abrasion.
- Laminate is more economical and requires less skill to install.
- Once the top layer is worn through, have to be polished fully.
- It is a brittle material hence is prone to clipping.
- If excessive water seeps into the seams between boards, it can cause swelling
PAINTING DRIVE SUGGESTIONS
The expert team of PaintingDrive believes that Lamination is the new and upcoming trend your want glossy finish or matt finish in your Modular kitchen. It is seen that lacquered wood tend to stain yellow after a few years whereas lamination doesn’t!
Still, confused about which wood finish for your kitchen? So, Call us to get a free consultation on Polishing and Book Expert Wood polish service and we ensure to satisfy all your needs and wants.
We hope you found this knowledge useful and that you enjoyed reading it. Keep an eye on the new and exciting stuff! I wish you and your families a wonderful day & Healthy life.
Read More for Painting & Polishing Ideas.
Visit us on Social Media for Polishing ideas.